Vectors in MSIE 5/Win

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/8/1998; 10:19:27 AM
Topic:Suggestion: Explore the Calendar

I hear from Microsoft that the next beta release of MSIE 5/Win will have vector graphics.

So we may be playing with trees that look like trees sooner than you think.

Here is an example of something you can do in MORE:

http://www.scripting.com/gifs/moreTreeChart.gif

If they did a reasonable job of vectors in the browser, we will be able to do that in a web page, without GIFs, totally algorithmically, which means we don't need any other apps, and the page download is fast.

Dave