Frontier Tip: Check user.scheduler.log

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/12/1998; 8:28:38 AM
Topic:Suggestion: Explore the Calendar

If you're plagued by slow saves of Frontier.root, as I was this morning, go check out the user.scheduler.log outline.

Mine was over 26,000 lines long!

I just deleted and recreated it by typing the following in the Quick Script window: new (outlineType, @user.scheduler.log).

Then I did a File/Save Database, and instead of taking 30 seconds it was done as soon as I let up on the menu.

Yay!

Now, of course, I will put that on the list of things to address. There must be something we can do about this.

Dave