Re: Glossaries on Nirvana

Author:Tommy Sundström
Posted:10/18/1998; 1:54:44 AM
Topic:Suggestion: Explore the Calendar

I'm not a big fan of titles as the identifier of documents. They have the big advantage of being simple, but for big sites, and even more for multisite referencing, I belive that we have to move on to something more robust, like rdf.

So in my dreams, the next step for the Frontier search engine is to look for rdf-entries in the documents and make special indexes of them.

This would make it possible to, when you make a new document building on or refering to an old, make a (rdf-formatted) reference to the old one. And the search enginge could present not just a hit-list, but also the relations between documents.

Tommy

P.S. There is proposals for replacing the URL-locators with URI-identifiers. I belive this also contains some document versions features. Maybe it has some relevance to your proposal.