Re: AOLserver/AOLpress

Author:Adam Trachtenberg
Posted:11/24/1998; 2:25:06 PM
Topic:AOL Acquires Netscape

Too bad when we started using it back in '95 on NT it crashed whenever more than 3 people requested a page at the same time. Actually, that's not quite true. What DID happen is that it would not stop accepting connections, so the existing queries never completed, so NOBODY got pages back -- the old clients or the new. :( Then you'd have to shutdown and restart the server manually -- which wasn't a trivial task when it was hundreds of miles away on an OS that doesn't have a built-in telnet daemon.

Those were some annoying days... Grrr. Too bad we ditched it before I got a chance to learn Tcl.