Re: YA-test: Weird characters ÄÖÜßåÅøØ

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/1/1998; 6:06:21 AM
Topic:First message

This stuff is all running thru Frontier's rendering engine and we've had that kind of stuff working for quite some time. We're mapping the platform-specific characters onto the HTML entities at render-time. That's why you can type those characters on your Mac/Win machine, it's stored in our NT-based server database and then sent back out to the browser in the form that it understands. But stuff can always break, so I'm glad to see it's working! Dave