Re: Simple New Features

Author:Brian Honey
Posted:12/2/1998; 11:14:54 AM
Topic:What if there were a third browser?

I like the HREF "Next" property idea, although it could lead to too much 'net congestion, with browsers automatically loading all links on a page.

This would be helpful in reading multi-page articles, or in computer based training sessions, where there usually is a "Next" button. Users would need to trust web designers to put the "Next" property in only when it is appropriate, though - not too great a chance that it would be used as it was intended.

This reminds me of a browsing accelerator program that I tried a few months ago (only worked on MSIE4, and can't remember the name). It popped up a windows listing all the links on a page being viewed, and you could simply check which links you would like preloaded.

/Brian