Re: Can MSIE talk COM?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:12/13/1998; 7:46:23 AM
Topic:Can MSIE talk COM?

Michael, thanks for the info, I was hoping you'd see the message here and chime in.

For the project I'm working on I'm only interested in fully HTTP conversations. More and more I'm using Frontier on my laptop to manage bookmarks, and using the web browser to enter new information.

I have my own personal discussion group, where I leave notes to myself. The Home button takes me to a DG message on my laptop with pointers to the sites I frequent, including test sites that are private, so I couldn't put it on a public website.

Anyway, it's slow.. I was hoping some of the slowness was in the TCP stack, I was hoping that a COM connection would be faster.