Re: Visible Windows-based HTTP apps

Author:Hannes Wallnöfer
Posted:12/13/1998; 4:26:13 PM
Topic:Visible Windows-based HTTP apps

In early 1998 I did a little Java component (that worked as a COM component with MS Java) that could call scripts inside Frontier over the network.

Although the solution was a bit awkward in some places, it actually worked quite well. There was a Frontier dll that started a MS Java VM, and you could send any number of Frontier threads into it to wait for incoming requests. The communication between the Frontier VM and the Java component was done through objectspace Voyager (http://www.objectspace.com/products/voyager/index.html), but I'd use RMI today. Let me know if you're interested in the code, I'll pack it up and post it on our site.