This is nonsense

Author:Vitor Conceicao
Posted:12/15/1998; 12:36:26 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

Looking to all this from outside the US makes me feel like all the americans have gone crazy. Wanting to impeach a president, whose government brought the country to the great times its going thru, (specially now that most of the rest of the world is getting on an ugly recession) just because he had willing sex with a girl inside the White House is a complete nonsense.

And it gets even worse if you think that all this is happening because the republicans want at any cost to put the democrats down, it's just normal politics, one party doing everything it can to put the other down. I don't believe a bit that the Republicans at the house really think he's done an impeachable offense, but since they can charge him with that they're doing it anyway.

And the odds of him being impeached are extremelly slim because they need 2/3 of the senate votes and the Republicans don't have all this votes. Thats why they are so desperate to make him resign. And he won't, because he knows he won't be impeached. Nixon resigned because he knew he would be impeached, here in Brazil we had Fernando Collor resign also because he knew he would be impeached too, but thats not the case here.

So why don't you forget about all this impeachment nonsense and get back to work and let your president focus on the important stuff that is going on around the world like the Iraq crisis, the Israel/Palestinian problem and the depression that is starting to hit most of the world? Probably because things are going so good up there in the states like the Stock Market booming, the unemployment rates very low and the inflation going down that people don't have anything else to worry and start to worry about the president sex habits.

Well, I just hope all this doesn't backfire to the rest of the world....

Greetings, Vitor Conceicao - Rio de Janeiro - Brazil