Re: Criminal Sexuality

Author:weikart@crl.dec.com
Posted:12/15/1998; 7:51:25 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

You say:

"Again, it's about sexual violence, one step short of rape. And it happened on the job, probably many times, in the workplace we collectively own, the White House."

That's bullshit. The whole issue that has brought Clinton to the brink of impeachment (and perhaps beyond) is a consensual sexual affair with Monica Lewinsky. That's a far cry from sexual harrasment, much less rape. Such comparisons should be deeply offensive to victims of actual rape and sexual violence.

Clinton may have a sexual problem - that's up to him and the people close to him. But there's not a shred of evidence that he has a problem with sexual violence. What leads you to such a conclusion? Does it reveal more about your own attitudes towards sex?

Instead of declining to answer personal questions in public, as he should have, he lied about them. That is his "crime". I would prefer to impeach Presidents who have committed mass murder or criminal acts with real consequences.

Yep this country is fucked up alright - the current episode is proof enough of that.

-Chris