Re: This is nonsense

Author:Fredrik Lundh
Posted:12/17/1998; 1:34:30 AM
Topic:DaveNet comments

>> why did he feel the need to lie <<

Because his lawyers told him to? ("after all, now that we have this strict definition in place, you can actually say 'no' without that being perjury, and it isn't really related to this case anyway, and the constitution says you cannot be expected to witness against yourself..." -- isn't jurisprudence pretty much the art of making people behave as computers...)

Or more likely, because it's the standard behaviour for politicians in situations like this? We've had a series of minor scandals here in Sweden involving local politicians, alcohol, sex clubs, and elaborate schemes to put large or small amounts of tax money in their own pockets.

Virtually everyone lied about it when they got caught, and blamed the media for everything.

Guess it's the same thing all over the world...

Cheers /F