Re: People With Minds

Author:Ken Wiley
Posted:12/22/1998; 11:05:25 AM
Topic:DaveNet comments

Watching the ongoing trials and tribulations of the American system makes me thank the British for our (Canadian) Parliamentary system. We don't suffer from the cults of personalities that you must. Our leaders don't have to overwhelm with charisma in order to lead the country. Our leader's advisers are elected, instead of appointed.

It seems so obvious to me that just blaming Clinton is too simple. It seems to me that what has led to your constitutional crisis is the brinksmanship between the Republicans and the President. They have been digging for dirt for over 6 years. When they finally found something that would stick, what reaction do you think that it would produce in Clinton? Does anyone think that he would just roll over and die? Of course not! His reaction was to deny, deny, deny. Just think, a rubber would have saved all this trouble.

What really worries the rest of us in the world is that we get to sit and watch while you guys play these never-ending games. The same thing went on during Reagan's time. Although his crimes were much closer to the definition of "High crimes and misdemeanors" that Clinton getting caught with his fly down. We in the rest of the world, whose economies are totally enmeshed with yours just hope that all of this politicing doesn't lead to disaster.