Re: People With Minds

Author:Paul Mather
Posted:12/22/1998; 11:33:59 AM
Topic:DaveNet comments

Just a brief comment. Dave mentions that polling is wrong because it "gives power to people who don't vote." Who are the people who don't vote? Why don't they vote? I think they don't vote because they are offered no alternatives. The Democrats and the Republicans are a tweedle-dee tweedle-dum sort of pair: neither is substantially different; both are out of touch with most people. I think this whole impeachment thing demonstrates that.

This whole process looks like a battle between elites to me: palace politics in Versaille that has little to do with the peasants in the countryside. Saying those who don't vote have no business worrying about what their government is doing shows a lack of respect for democracy, I think.