Re: People With (two) Minds

Author:Ken Hall
Posted:12/22/1998; 1:19:36 PM
Topic:DaveNet comments

What is meant by the 'truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?'

It is easy to adopt the belief system that concludes that President Clinton lied and deserves to be impeached and convicted by the Senate. I do adopt this way of thinking.

Unfortunatly, it is also easy to adopt a belief system that concludes Bill Clinton was elected by the people, and an election by the people should not be undone for the sake of Monica and this particular $40 million invstigation. I also adopt this way of thinking.

However, in math I learned that your conclusions depend upon your basic axioms. I have come to beleve that the truth is not binary, but is really a creation of the mind- a result of our symbolic processor. As such, perception of 'truth' is purely the result of mental (cultural) conditioning.

For me, it is not easy to make up my mind (the very words 'make up' imply a rigid and physical setting of the mind) on this very important debate. I see an issue that is far from black and white. I see a President that embodies who we the people are in all of his good and bad works. In short, I see myself and the human race in Bill Clinton; we all share millions of years in the evolution of who we actually are.

In summary, it does not really matter what happens to Bill Clinton. This is simply another example of the devisive nature of our minds, and the relative inmaturity of our human being. For me the real questions is about our aggressive search for power over others (and the planet)- through any means; financial, military, political, physical, sensual, intellectual.... This is what Bill Clinton is guilty of- but then so is everyone else (who after all would like to cast the first stone). This is all about power! Until we can un-learn the conditioning of our mind, we will not have true power, much less an understanding of the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Ken Hall