Re: Working on membership stuff

Author:Seth Dillingham
Posted:12/30/1998; 2:31:21 PM
Topic:Working on membership stuff

What I like about this is that it allows me to abstract it a little.

I know that my project is going to need external data storage for user information. The first version, though, is only for a small testbed, so I won't need the external database.

Using these callbacks, I've redirected the lookup (of the member's table) to my own scripts which just open a GDB (one per user), and return an address.

When the project has progressed, I don't have to change anything except the bodies of two scripts, to grab the data from an ODBC source... all the calls to these scripts will remain exactly the same.

This is fun. :)

(I apologize if this was too technical for this board... now that I think about it, I haven't seem much real techspeak around here.)