Re: New Macs & Frontier Performance

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/6/1999; 12:01:07 PM
Topic:How Frontier Changed My Life

Oh it's real simple. Help us sell product. We used to do win-wins with Apple in the mid-80s where I sold their hardware and they sold our software. We opened up the Pentagon with MORE and Mac Plusses. The sales opportunity of a hardware company working in conjunction with a software company are unreal. It's so incredibly profitable.

I made many specific proposals on this, some publicly. In May 1996, a turning point for us, I wanted to sell a web content development configuration of the Mac OS, built on BBEdit, WebSTAR and Frontier. It would have been killer. The answer was OpenDoc, Cyberdog and Quicktime.