Re: The Quake Guy Talks

Author:Philip Suh
Posted:1/11/1999; 9:37:54 AM
Topic:The Quake Guy Talks

From what I understand of MacOS Server X and the whole Carbon API, Apple is attempting to do the bring everybody over to a newer OS foundation without changing too many of the API's--a feat akin to swapping rugs out from underneath someone's feat. I don't know if they can do it, but more power to them.

In the transition period, it's tough to know what to keep, what to throw away. I'm 6 months back in the US now, and I wonder if my fascination with Japan is holding me back from exploring new things here. I was in Japantown yesterday, checking out books and music and magazines, and wondering to myself if I was just clinging to something that is over.

Frankly, I'd like to hang on to my Japan experiences as much as I can--4 years is a long time to work on understanding something, and I'd like to do it better than I can now. I think I'm gonna call for that Japanese class right now...