Re: The Quake Guy Talks

Author:Jim Roepcke
Posted:1/11/1999; 11:23:49 AM
Topic:The Quake Guy Talks

The new G3 workstations can use non-Apple modems. Plug one into the USB port, and you're off to the races.

(The issue isn't about iMacs, they have a built-in modem)

I went to MacMall and when you buy a new G3 workstation you can get a USB-Native modem. Anyone with a serial modem they wanted to use could also get a serial-to-USB adapter.

The only issue right now is with the modem that goes into the 70 pin slot on the new G3 workstation motherboard. I don't believe Apple is holding the modem back indefinitely... it's probably a supply problem at this point, or a holdover from their new internal systems changeover.

Aren't I the trusting one? ;-) Bleeding 6 colours and everything!

Jim