Re: WDDX Annotated DTD

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/18/1999; 4:40:28 AM
Topic:WDDX Annotated DTD

All you say is true, because we designed the protocol so that if there was an RPC3 or RPC4, Frontier apps wouldn't have to be recoded if the transports were translatable. I wrote a several pieces on this over the last year.

http://search.userland.com/default?m=25&s=1&q=xml-rpc

However, there would be a support problem, some clients would only be able to talk to some servers. This could be quite confusing for users and developers. Right now it's really simple since there is only one brand of XML-RPC. Dave