Re: How to push Perl hash through XML RPC?

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:1/19/1999; 10:47:56 AM
Topic:Frontier on MacOS X Server

>>A hash is just what you said- a table of keys and values.

>Aha! It's just like a Frontier object db table. Can a hash contain other hashes?

Yes. They can nest as far as you want or have memory to do.

As far as I can tell, Frontier tables and perl hashes map onto each other. (This is coming from someone who has used both, and considers perl hashes one of the two essential features of the language regex is the other). They both have the defined(key) call, where you can tell if there is an element at that key. They can both contain arbitrary data types, including references and methods. They both contain a collection of key/value pairs.

The biggest difference that I see is that I can edit a table through a nice graphical interface. ;>