Re: Post a new message without responding to an old one?

Author:Fredrik Lundh
Posted:1/19/1999; 11:37:27 AM
Topic:Frontier on MacOS X Server

Skip the python wizard writes XML-RPC looks cool from what I've seen.

I have a confession to make: playing with XML RPC made me realize that I had recently forgotten something very very important:

Time is too precious to think "hey, that format cannot handle object instances and recursive data structures and this and that, and I can sure invent something better myself" and then spend weeks arguing about whether we really need this or that feature...

Better grab something that's out there and put it to work in a real application.

Who knows? It might be a perfect solution to your problem!

(And yes, we also just changed from a homegrown RPC mechanism to XML-RPC in several internal applications. Like our labweb server, which now runs what is essentially WebDAV over XML-RPC. Took less time to write the code than to read the WebDAV spec. And my head didn't explode this time ;-)