Re: may be possible

Author:James Spahr
Posted:1/24/1999; 7:38:53 PM
Topic:Frontier on MacOS X Server

David Williamson and the folks at Spooky & The Bandit have already made a custom DW2 Property Inspector that is designed entirely in Flash... it gives a rich-media presentation for designer choices. It talks to Dreamweaver's JavaScript interpreter via "javascript://" protocol URLs within Flash. (iow, the plugin can talk to Dreamweaver.)

So, I suspect that James' existing XML-RPC work may be able to put into an HTML-based Dreamweaver component that connects across the net to a Frontier server, feeding data in to the current HTML document.

That's cool JD, do you have a URL for that Flash DW object? The thought of using the shockwave XML-RPC in Dreamweaver dawned on me during my run tonight, thanks for verifying that it might work.