XML-RPC in JavaScript for Netscape 4.x

Author:Div Shekhar
Posted:2/4/1999; 1:26:42 PM
Topic:www.xml-rpc.com

I'm writing code that allows XML-RPC functions to appear as JavaScript functions in Netscape 4.x browsers. Of course, this uses a small applet. (I've already done this for an RMI-based server.)

So, you could write an XML-RPC method call in JavaScript like so: state = XmlRpcCall( 'examples.getStateName' , 41 );

If the XML-RPC server has a method which supplies all the available method names, you can auto-generate JavaScript functions. This allows you to rewrite the above method call like so: state = XmlRpcServer.examples.getStateName(41);