Re: New table of topics for each month?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:2/17/1999; 2:05:58 AM
Topic:Top-Level Topics list to long

OK, let's give this a try. I set the Topics page so that it only lists the new topics started in the last month. This makes topics less important, but that's OK, because of the length of the list they were already less important.

Tech note: I implemented it by adding support for a new #directive, oneMonthTopicList, if it's defined and true, when the topic list is generated, only the current month is listed. For lower traffic DGs it will make sense to either not define it or set it false. The script that implements this is mainResponder.discuss.listTopics.