mailToTheFuture.setMessage

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:2/18/1999; 10:04:57 PM
Topic:Mail to the Future Server Functionality

David, I just added a new RPC call, I felt it should be mailToTheFuture.setMessage not mailToTheFuture.editMessage. Here's a sample script that gets the for my message 2, and changes the subject to include my initials and the time the subject was changed. I just ran it and verified that it works.

local (params = {"dave@userland.com", user.prefs.mttfPassword, 2});
scratchpad.msg = betty.rpc.client ("www.mailtothefuture.com", 80, "mailToTheFuture.getMessage", @params);
scratchpad.msg.subject = "Changed by " + user.prefs.initials + " at " + string.timestring ();
params = {"dave@userland.com", user.prefs.mttfPassword, 2, scratchpad.msg};
betty.rpc.client ("www.mailtothefuture.com", 80, "mailToTheFuture.setMessage", @params)