MTTF messages and HTML

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:2/18/1999; 11:12:12 PM
Topic:Mail to the Future Server Functionality

The images could be stored in the user's profile area.

I just added a call, "mainresponder.members.setprofilepart", that makes that easy.

Also, if you set mailToTheFuture.flNoTemplate to true, we'll send the literal text that's contained in the message, with no wrapper. We did this for Lawrence Lee, he agreed to give us a plug in each email, so we didn't need to add the wrapper. (That's our reward for providing a free service, we get a link in every message we send. Thinking about that IPO!)

In other words, as it's currently set up, I don't think there's anything between you and some gnarly code (on your end, thank god!) to get full HTML fidelity in MTTF messages.