Logging In

Author:Marc Canter
Posted:2/27/1999; 4:17:24 PM
Topic:Comparing two versions of MTTF

This is what the Broadband Mechanics' version of MTTF's Log In screen looks like.

Notice a Face associated with the user. In this case I'm using an avatar that looks like Sly Stallone, but it could be any cartoon character, 3D hero or photo of yourself.

It should also be noted that this is not a web page but an application. IE5 gives us advanced control over caching, so that once our Javscript object classes and artwork have been loaded, there's no need to ever reload anything. All communication with the server happens in real-time and individual 'elements' of the interface can be updated without anything being touched or refreshed.

This is what the generic HTML version of MTTF's Log In screen looks like.