Outliner Market Not Dead

Author:cliffu@earthlink.net
Posted:3/5/1999; 9:38:23 AM
Topic:Frontier and PIM's

Dave says the outliner market is dead, but that's not true. It may be weak, but it's is not dead. E.g., there is a *very* fine outliner program that also uses a lot of graphical elements to create links between parts of your texts called "Inspiration" (http://www.inspiration.com). You can "flip" it into outline mode, or vice-versa, from the graphical linking mode, in a second. The crippleware demo version downloadable from their site is a tad bit lame, but one could get a time-limited full-blown version for review purposes (if one phones them)- it's wonderful, I think, and well worth checking into. It exports outlines you create with it into HTML, but unfortunately - my only serious complaint - it doesn't export deeper levels of your outline into *seperate* HTML pages. If it could do that, Inspiration would be a mind blower of a product, since there's s no stand alone product out there that is really good at helping one organizee pages on a site, and an outliner with deep HTML capabilities would be ideal for this task! Again unfortunately, this facet of the product is something they don't seem to pay much attention to, or it's an afterthought, as their *demo version* of it does not even allow you to test this feature. Nonetheless, it's worth checking out, especially because it's around $100.00. (Standatd disclaimers apply, I don't know anybody there or have any financial interest in their company, etc.)

- Cliff Urr cliffu@earthlink.net