Re: Amiga

Author:Lixian B. Chiu
Posted:3/5/1999; 11:46:00 AM
Topic:QNX

The window-based OS battle may be over, but seeing it from a longer term, the OS battle is far from over. At least, from what I have seen so far, no one has created a "real" next generation OS based on a new concept that will change how people use computer. But it doesn't mean that it cannot be done. When that day comes, the computer industry will look significantly different than it is today. (When IBM is still the emperor of the computer kingdom, would anyone believe that it will move out of the PC field at all?)

But let me clear this up. I am not pro-Linux or pro-Amiga. I just don't believe that there is an empire that will never fall. Do you really believe Microsoft will be the leading OS vendor for another 100 years.

May be it's not science, but it sure is a lesson that we can learn from history.