Re: Waiting for a desktop

Author:Dave Winer

Good. I'm waiting to hear about your new proposals. Are they related to the "View as XML-RPC" option in your prototype DG?

No, the protocol will be much higher level. It will define how an editorial workstation connects to a content management system. It will run over XML-RPC of course, but it will define a set of calls, which if implemented on either side, will connect to the other side. This makes both parts of our system replaceable, which is a committment we have made in the past and take quite seriously. And it will be low-tech and common-sense, and not require a PhD in Computer Science to understand or appreciate.