whois feature ideas

Author:Matthew R. Wilson
Posted:3/10/1999; 6:01:32 PM
Topic:Testing the new whois.userland.com

Thanks, Dave, it's really nice to have a quick & easy whois service...I do have a few ideas, though...

- Ability to delete sites from the history (I haven't piled up enough to see if they magically remove themeselves after a while or when a limit is hit, but I already have some in there that just clutter up the screen and I would prefer to remove)

- A link to the Internic registration form for quick registration after finding a domain I like

Eventually, I imagine an XML interface on this could be useful for somebody wanting to do something really creative...but that person certainly isn't me! Perhaps on the next screen shot of your Control Panel we'll see a whois form...