Re: Gnome vs. KDE vs. X

Author:Dave Aiello
Posted:3/11/1999; 1:44:43 PM
Topic:Gnome vs. KDE vs. X

Dave Winer wrote:

I see it happening the same way it worked with the IBM PC in its early days. They shipped three OSes for the system, but only one came bundled. That one became the consensus platform and left the others in the dust.

For three points each, name the two losers.

They were CP/M-86 and the UCSD P-system. I can still picture the ads.

By the way, for those of you who are trying to picture me, I was 12 or 13 years old at the time.

Dave Aiello