Re: The Cathedral and the Bizaar

Author:t.fuerstner@magnet.at
Posted:3/22/1999; 10:13:26 AM
Topic:QNX

Hi, Dave i am curious. Where does your sudden interest for telescript come from. Imagine ! First you consider a frontier table as an object. then you implement a special metaobject table where you put in frontier functions ( methods ) and as many frontier intrinsic objects (tables, records, lists, strings, binaries, etc... = properties )as you like. Then you also put a list of parent_Tables and child_Tables into your metaobject_Table.finally you implement an usertalk meta_Interpreter that surpasses and redirects the frontier program_Flow just a little bit. La voila and you get a real object oriented frontier, a very mighty RAD_Tool. Now we take the whole thing one step further. We start to describe the frontier metaobject_Structure as XML_Object and start to send the new frontier XML_Metaobjects to other frontier ODBs running on different machines in different places. WOW. From this moment on frontier is an first class agent_Language. And tomorrow....... we implement a XML based GUI on top of it all.

just my 2 cents by, tom