Re: Sample code and utilities?

Author:Steve Ivy
Posted:3/29/1999; 6:22:28 AM
Topic:Sample code and utilities?

I wonder if the subscription functionality could work in reverse? We've seen how easy it is to maintain a GDB when you can run "Updte mygdb,root"... Could we set something up where when one GDB changes it pushes out updates to other nodes? I think this functionality, made possible by xml-rpc, could make for a very cool distributed system. Each node only needs to be "attached" to, or know about, one or two other nodes, to which it sends updates when it gets them, and from which it requests updates, when it needs to. Sort of a DNS for Frontier code?

Am I making any sense? This could allow for an advanced mirroring system akin to perl's CPAN, with the exception that we'd have an intergrated DG and search engine! ;-)

--Steve