Re: scriptingNews outline for 3/29/99

Author:Sean Lindsay

Eric S Raymond in Take My Job, Please! :

The only way you'll pull through is if you truly believe the job is more important than you are -- that the possibility of an open-source software world means so much for human freedom and the future that the worst shit anybody puts you through hardly matters by comparison.

Replace "open-source software world" with "Information resource for an information-starved worldwide community of 750 million", and I have a new motto, something to etch into the beige around my monitor. I've always thought the work I was doing was more important than I was - now I realise that that's the only good reason for doing anything.

Thanks, Dave, for linking to this. This is one reader who appreciates that News is not always about Scripting.