Re: Docs, code and desire

Author:Philip Suh
Posted:3/29/1999; 8:56:07 PM
Topic:Sample code and utilities?

Paul's points about documentation are well taken: I understand the need to have real usable docs. I haven't released a major suite in a while because it is a major effort to put out something that's polished and well documented.

Paul has done an admirable job with his docs for xmltr--I love the PDF version. I've been playing with PDF's for the docs on NewsCenter while I was retooling it for F5 (and now F6).

Brian Anderson's docs and website for blox are a real accomplishment as well. (there are other examples as well)

Stop thinking like programmers all the time and learn to think like marketers sometimes --- how do you make your work attractive and useful to someone else?

Well, I'm obviously rambling. ;-) I can do that here, right?