Re: XML-RPC for WebObjects/Objective-C?

Author:Steve Ivy
Posted:4/1/1999; 5:39:06 AM
Topic:XML-RPC for WebObjects/Objective-C?

I see a couple issues involved here:

- Getting an xml parser on OSXS. I don't think that'd be a problem since you can take James Clark's expat (straight c) and put obj-c wrappers on it.

- The trick would be deciding how to "objectivize" the various datatypes used in xml-rpc. PropertyLists might do it, although I would think you'd want to parse the xml into an actual object graph. I haven't read up on PropertyLists, so someone like Jonathan is welcome to correct me.

Generally, someone needs to develop a generic xml framework for OSXS, including parser, validator, and the ability to create and work with xml trees. Implementing xml-rpc in the context of this framework would be simple. (I would include the DOM in that spec as well).

--Steve