Re: jwz resigns

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:4/3/1999; 6:44:30 AM
Topic:jwz resigns

Netscape never tapped the resources that were available to them outside their company. I'm sure if they asked (and paid a little money) to Marc Canter, for example, he would have been happy to help straighten out the UI issues in Navigator. I also would have been happy to help, as I offered many times. The offers were always ignored. I can think of a half-dozen people who broke their knuckles on hard UI problems that would have loved a juicy challenge like that. Netscape has always been in a frenzy, even in the days that Jamie pines for, if they really wanted to win, all the resources they needed were there.