Re: My vacation

Author:Marc Canter
Posted:4/3/1999; 3:42:39 PM
Topic:My vacation

Thank you Dave and the folks at Userland for giving us such a powerful environment to exploit, enhance and move forward with.

As the grass pops through the dirt, we see new types of tools changing the landscape of 'end-user' programming. The trick is to get as much power into the hands of end-users as possible - and empower them with 'real' programmer type malleability, customization and object oriented adaptability.

Chats, Discussion Groups and WebLogs will automatically be indexed into ODB's and accessed through Table of Contents, visual 'maps' or timelines. On-line writing will merge with hypermedia authoring and find themselves in thevalley of the Portals. Shared databases of 'knowledge' will be dynamically maintained - within certain, niche 'communities' or across a broad spectrum of users.

A New Paradigm of Tools will provide incredible power and flexibility for free and change the landscape of creativity.

As one of the fathers of multimedia, and of multimedia authoring specifically - let me tell you that Frontier is REALLY what Scalable Content is all about.

I tell this story everyday. "Want to amortize your investment in Content, want to enable new types of adaptable interfaces - want to implement Tools to lower your production costs?"

"Well then use FRONTIER!"

Marc Canter