IE 4, too. Re: Registry Hack for IE5's

Author:Jonathan Hendry
Posted:4/24/1999; 4:51:45 PM
Topic:Registry Hack for IE5's "Edit with..."

(Update: this only works for locally stored pages. If you try to open a remote page, the editor tries to open a file which was never written, or perhaps was deleted too quickly.)

This pretty much works with IE 4, too. If you add an Edit action for the HTML file type, you get a 'Page' menu item under the Edit menu. (As in 'Edit Page')

(Yay. Now I can bring them up in Emacs, instead of Notepad. Now I'll go away before I dissolve into a rant about Windows' crummy File Types editing UI. Gack. Couldn't they at least offer the option of listing them by extension?)