Re: OS upgrades (was: WINE ~= Carbon?)

Author:Bruce Hoult
Posted:4/29/1999; 6:33:54 PM
Topic:Linux' wide open spaces

Thanks for the summary. It wasn't too complicated for me. Very rational approach, seems like they're covering all the bases.

It's good to hear you say that.

The thing I don't get is that this has very consistently been the announced plan ever since the May '98 WWDC.

I ran the Carbon Dater tool over Frontier 5 to see how it looks. The only problems areas I spotted myself in a quick glance were that you're using two low memory locations directly (0x0B54 (trackmenu) and 0x0398) and you're using the long obsolete SFGetFile, SFPGetFile, and SFPutFile. I'm waiting for the actual compatability report to come back from Apple.