Re: I'm thinking no central DNS server...

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:5/2/1999; 9:40:40 PM
Topic:36 .Com Registrars?

That doesn't seem a lot better than the current situation.

Right now we have a few central servers that handle .com, .org, ,net, and .edu, and they are run by the US government but subcontracted to NSI.

I'm wondering why ICANN can't run the registry. Wouldn't that make a lot more sense than a for-profit defense contractor?