DW & Frontier (WAS:DreamWeaver, XML-RPC, and Frontier)

Author:Bob Davis
Posted:5/4/1999; 2:26:32 PM
Topic:Frontier on MacOS X Server

Look at the Scripting News from April 3 1998.

There is a story called:

Faisal Jawdat automates Dreamweaver with Frontier.

The URL for it is: http://www.faisal.com/docs/frontierDW.html

It relies heavily on BBEdit as an intermediary (both talk to BBEdit), so it only works on a Mac. I'm a total newby to Frontier (I left the Mac camp for a few years - but I'm back in the fold now, using both NT and a shiny new B&W G3), so I can't add anything to the conversation other than this.

I would like to find out more though. I like DW - it's nice and fast for edits and creating templates (though hand cleaning is necessary). If you are able to create Frontier objects for DW I'd download them!

HTH.

(5:45 EST) I thought about this a little, and it bugged me. So, I went and searched around in http://www.dreamweaver.com for some answers.

All I could find was:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/extend.html
and
http://www.macromedia.com/software/dreamweaver/download/extensions/

I don't know how helpful that will be, but I know that if you send mail to wish-dreamweaver@macromedia.com they will see what they can do.

Macromedia seems to really want to make DW the professional's choice for developing, and they don't seem to be shy about collaborative efforts.

I don't see why they wouldn't play.