Re: Ideas for our MY.UserLand.com

Author:erik@netuser.com
Posted:5/4/1999; 10:15:16 PM
Topic:Ideas for our MY.UserLand.com

I like all the existing suggestions... plus..

1. user-selected style sheet, sort of like picking your wallpaper or desktop theme. Some styles would offer larger fonts, other smaller ones.

2. (mentioned before) some kind of pithy description of what the news service is about in the "pick your news services" page. I thought camworld was a site dedicated to web-cams. Wrongo!

3. modules to parse other, non-RDF syndicated news formats. Let's open up the gates to more infosources.

4. option to have latest entries in a DG (does not mean Data General, but Discussion Group) as a info source box

5. some sort of elegantly simple structure-viewer which could be a one coumn module, showing a summary of available content at my.userland. Maybe an outliner like Frontier has?

6. why not have the option to put a calendar as a box in my.userland? for that matter, why not any basic desktop widget like a calculator, video window, etc.

7. going nuts here, let the user type in a URL that my.userland will monitor and build a list of stories for.

8. one of the boxes I'd like to be able to display as an info source would be all additions to my.userland's news sources.

9. a info source with a random quote for the day

10. prioritize news by position or style which matches a synonym-based keyword or topic the user selects