Re: html.getPref

Author:Brent Simmons
Posted:5/17/1999; 3:18:21 PM
Topic:html.getPref

The default value for non-existent directives is true, yes.

Here's why it's a feature: the main thing this allows for is backwards compatibility. For instance, we wanted in Frontier 6 to allow a user to turn off image file extensions. There was no directive for that, so we created one: #imageExtensions. If you never define it, it's default is true, which preserves the behavior one expects: images get file extensions. If you do define it, then you can set it to false. This allows one to avoid double negatives as much as possible.