Re: Never demo on a development server

Author:Fredrik Lundh
Posted:5/23/1999; 8:18:10 AM
Topic:Never demo on a development server

With my key feature disabled, no amount of handwaving could save the demo.

my favourite story: during a critical demo, the potential customer asks if the system has a certain feature, and the guy doing the demo quickly draws a "screenshot" on paper and waves it in front of the screen, while mumbling something about "optional future non-standard add-on that might look something like this".

later, when the system is delivered, the first thing that happens is that the customer asks "hey, why did you remove that feature from the program". no amount of handwaving could persuade them that it had never existed.

guess some people are born with "reality distortion fields" ;-)