Re: someone's trying to patent dynamic website generation:

Author:Steve Ivy
Posted:5/24/1999; 2:20:43 PM
Topic:someone's trying to patent dynamic website generation:

Anyone know when WebObjects was developed? (Jim R?) WO makes very efficient use of this technique to scale linearly to very large numbers of users making use of multiple webservers and multiple app servers.

I find it hard to belive that in an environment like the web, a process like this could be patented. It's like patenting gravity: there's really only one way TO do it that makes sense at least). Ok, that may be a stretch, but I am continually amazed at the patents the US Patent Office hands out.

--Steve