Re: Edit this Page

Author:Lixian B. Chiu
Posted:5/25/1999; 10:56:02 AM
Topic:"Edit This Page" is not New

You are right. I didn't say that Netscvape's implementation is good. In fact, I hate it myself, and turned away from it sfter my first trial. I just pointed out that it's not a new concept. Remember you talked about those people who claims that they are the first to invent "blah blah blah". I just don't want you to become one of this guy (of course, you are not, at least for now.)

I have built something like this before (not as extensive as yours), but it works great for people who are not comfortable with using computers. It also speeds things up because the writers and editors only have to focus on the most important thing that they care about -- the text.

But my opinion on Contextual Menu is real. Almost all Windows application allows you to right-click and copy/cut/paste the content that you have previously selected. Everytime when I work in Frontier, I have to forcefully tell myself, "Right-Click doesn't work!" It's not something important, but it's quite annoying.