Re: Host Field Mapping vs True Multi IP

Author:Jim Roepcke
Posted:5/25/1999; 6:38:27 PM
Topic:Host Field Mapping vs True Multi IP

(If I remember correctly:)

It may be worth noting that on Windows, Frontier listens to port 80 (or whatever port you've told betty to use) on every IP address bound to the machine. (well, it's possible that it's every IP on the first adaptor, but I don't have a machine with two adaptors to verify this).

*I wish* that Frontier on Windows did NOT do this, so that I could tell it to listen only on ONE (or more, but not necessarily all) IP addresses on the system so that I didn't have to use a port other than 80 for my Frontier system.

This way, IIS could listen to port 80 the IPs I tell it to (which it can do of course) and Frontier could do the same.

Jim