Re: Weblogs

Author:Luke Tymowski
Posted:5/28/1999; 10:38:50 AM
Topic:Weblogs

I've been keeping one on our Intranet since early 1997 when I set up a web server and started publishing a few pages. For the most part it's simply stuff of interest to us as Windows developers, but I also link to things that we should pay attention to (eg growing interest and acceptance of Linux as a mainstream OS), and sometimes just purely fun and silly things.

It's efficient in that people don't need to go searching for things they should be keeping up with, unless it's something very specific to their interests.

Of course to really make it useful I should be using something like Frontier, but ...

The trick is to keep it focused on a few very simple things. Trying to turn it into everything from a Weblog to HR system gets tricky. (It turns into something like one of the big portals, and then it's useless for everyone.)